Thursday 16 October 2014

Another exciting visitor in Year One

Yesterday Mrs Simpson brought another of her amazing pets into school. This time we got to meet Garcia, her tortoise. We found out what she likes to eat, where she needs to live to stay healthy, and how long she might live for. We learned that, even though they look really different from each other, Garcia is a reptile just like Spencer the snake, who we met recently. 

We also thought about why tortoises might have hard shells to hide in, and we were very surprised to find out, as you can tell from our photos, that tortoises can move pretty fast when they want to!

Thanks, Mrs Simpson! 




7 comments:

  1. Hi year one
    I am so pleased that you met Garcia the tortoise, Garcia looks as though she was moving around a lot in your class.

    Miss Wilding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Year one you were lucky! Was Gracia moving a lot in your class? I wish she came to ny class! Imaan z yr6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the turtle looks very cute and I wish it came to our class. Amaan Hussain year 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turtle is very clever to crual around your class room. I whish I have a pet turtle and all the other pets miss Simpsons has. You might even get to see her snake.sssss
    Nafisa Year 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just seen all of your blog and you have seen miss simpsons snake.
    Nafisa Year 6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nafisa we have already seen Miss Simpsons snake Spencer.we really enjoyed watching him too.
    Asmaa year 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I checked on your blog you have seen Miss Simpsons snake I bet the snake was very good in your class.
    Nafisa

    ReplyDelete